There are plenty of Super-Soldiers on S.T.R.I.K.E.'s roster, but today, you'll be meeting the omega to rule them all. And your red letter day doesn't end there, as we've got an event on the way to restock your Iso-8 shelves, Blitzes combining light with darkness, a rookie Legend making a return, and events to help you prepare for the battles ahead.
Arkady Gregorivich Rossovich is a Russian mutant born with deadly mutant powers and an insatiable bloodlust. Arkady's mutant healing factor prevents him from dying, a detail that caught the attention of those running the Russian Super-Soldier program. Arkady was forcibly experimented on and given cybernetic enhancements, along with carbonadium tentacles within each of his arms. Thus, "Omega Red" was created. Omega Red's mutant powers endow him with superhuman strength, reflexes, and a healing factor. Omega Red has joined Wolverine on several missions as a part of a secret group of Weapon X soldiers.
Omega Red is the Legendary character for the Weapon X team. The team also includes Sabretooth and Wolverine, who will both receive reworks. He's a Controller with extreme Focus and Health, both of which are further enhanced by way of his Passive ability. Similar to how Adam Warlock introduced the new positive effect "Safeguard," Omega Red ushers in the new opposite negative effect: "Trauma," which prevents debuffs from being removed or flipped. And adding to Omega Red's lethality is his ability to steal Health and redistribute it to himself with all of his attacks, including Iso-8 Bonus Attacks.
Crush the competition with Omega Red:
Traits: Villain, Global, Mutant, Controller, Weapon X, Legendary
(Abilities are shown at max levels: 7,7,7,5)
Basic - Carbonadium Lash
- Attack primary target for 320% damage
- Steal 10% Health from the primary target and redistribute to self. This bypasses Heal Block.
- Increase the duration of Bleed, Slow, and Offense Down on the primary target by +1.
Special - Coil Crush
- Energy Cost: 3/3
- Apply Trauma and Ability Block to the primary target.
- Attack the primary and adjacent targets for 450% damage + Steal 5% of each target's Max Health and redistribute to self. This bypasses Heal Block.
- Apply Offense Down to primary and adjacent targets.
- Apply Speed Up to self and all WEAPON X allies.
- This attack cannot be blocked.
Ultimate - Tentacle Onslaught
- Energy Cost: 3/5
- Flip all positive effects to negative effects for all enemies.
- Attack primary target for 430% damage + apply Ability Block, Slow, and Heal Block + reduce Speed Bar by 10%.
- Attack all other enemies for 430% damage + apply Slow and Heal Block + reduce Speed Bar by 10%.
- Steal 10% Health from all enemies and redistribute to self. This bypasses Heal Block.
- This attack redistributes a maximum of 50% of this character's Max Health.
- In WAR, apply Trauma to all enemies.
- This attack cannot be blocked.
Passive - Death Factor
- On Spawn, apply Defense Up for 2 turns to self and all WEAPON X allies.
- On Turn, Heal for 20% of this character's Max Health and gain +10% damage, up to a maximum of +30%.
- When this character drops below 60% Health, gain Speed Up and 2 Deathproof.
- Gain +50% Max Health.
- While any enemy has Immunity, all WEAPON X allies gain +40% Crit Chance.
- On Spawn, if this character has 3 or more WEAPON X allies, lower enemy damage by 15%.
- In WAR: Fill Speed Bar by 15% + 15% Speed Bar per WEAPON X ally.
- In WAR: On Spawn, if this character has 4 or more WEAPON X allies, apply Trauma and Heal Block to all enemies.
- In WAR: On Spawn, Steal 15% Health from all enemies and redistribute to self and all WEAPON X allies.
- In WAR: Gain +200% Focus.
- In WAR: WEAPON X allies gain +50% Max Health.
- In WAR: WEAPON X allies gain +15% damage.
The Red Death
Your first chance to recruit Omega Red is in his upcoming Mythic Legendary Event, "The Red Death." Join Omega Red and Nick Fury as they try to stop Baron Zemo from synthesizing the powerful element carbonadium and using it to take over the world!
Here are the minimum requirements to recruit Omega Red:
- Nick Fury at 5 Stars
- Winter Soldier at 5 Stars
- Three Secret Avengers at 5 Stars -- Captain America (Sam), Maria Hill, and Sharon Carter
- Character Level 65
- Gear Tier 12
- Iso-8 Class Level 3
The character shards for Secret Avengers will all be made available through additional methods in the near future.
After completing Tier 5, Tier 6 of The Red Death Legendary Event will have no requirements. The requirements for Nick Fury, Winter Soldier, and the Secret Avengers for the final tiers are:
- Tier 7: 6 Stars, Gear Tier 13, Iso-8 Class Level 4
- Tier 8: 7 Stars, Gear Tier 14, Iso-8 Class Level 5
Starting on September 22nd at 5:00PM (PDT), don't miss the limited-time opportunity to power up your teams by completing select Daily Objectives. Here's how it works:
Elementary Particles Currency
Achieve an isotope breakthrough by earning limited-time Elementary Particles Event Currency just by completing select Daily Objectives (Blitz, Raids, Arena, and Play 3 Isotope-8 Missions). You can find even more Elementary Particles via Offers.
Elementary Particles Event Store
Once you've earned your currency, head to the limited-time Event Store to spend your Elementary Particles. There you can purchase T2 (Blue) and T1 (Green) Iso-8 directly in the Supplies section, as well as T2 and T1 Ion Orbs in the Orb section. Each origin trait will have at least two slots of T2 Iso-8 and one slot of T1 Iso-8. This is a great opportunity to stock up on the new T2 Iso-8 of your choosing!
Returning Legendary Event
Adam Warlock is emerging from his cocoon for the return of his Mythic Legendary Event, "The Infinity Watch." The cosmic bash kicks off on September 20th at 5:00PM (PDT) and for a shot at recruiting the Master of All Souls, you'll need Jubilee and X-Factor at a minimum of 5 Stars, Character Level 65, Gear Tier 12, and Iso-8 Class Level 3. Start preparing now!
Rule the sea, light, and darkness with our upcoming Blitzes. Splashing your way first on September 20th at 5:00PM (PDT) is the Atlantean Prince Blitz, where you can strike down enemies with your trusted trident in the name of Namor character shards. But don't dry off just yet because on September 23rd at 5:00PM (PDT), it's time to dive into the Luminous Blitz, featuring Cloak and Dagger. The usual character shard rewards have been replaced by Luminous Credits. Use those Credits to open either the Luminous Cloak Orb or the Luminous Dagger Orb, each of which rewards 5 shards for the specified character. This will be the first of two runs of the Luminous Blitz (each rewarding Luminous Credits) and each Blitz features the same number of character shards as typical character Blitzes. The total number of shards possible from each Blitz is equal to all other character Blitzes (you actually get 25 from the milestones instead of 21), but you get to choose how many Cloak and Dagger shards you want. Also a reminder that there will be two S.T.R.I.K.E. Passes with Luminous Credits rewards--the first one featuring Cloak character shards and the second featuring Dagger character shards.
Bonus & Flash Events
Now that Adam Warlock is on the way back, it's time to bolster your mutant investigators. On September 19th at 5:00PM (PDT), don't miss the Two-Bit Detectives Bonus Event, which rewards double character shard payouts for X-Factor characters from Campaign nodes. Filter your roster by X-Factor for the eligible characters and their locations.
Then we transition from Mutants to ninjas with the return of the Relic Hunt Flash Event on September 24th at 5:00PM (PDT). Send your top Hand team into battle to stock up on Catalyst Parts with this limited-time event. Polish your Hand team's knuckles on September 23rd at 5:00PM (PDT) with the "Need a Hand?" Event, which rewards 2x shards for Hand characters in Campaign nodes. Filter your roster by Hand for all the locations of your Hand characters.
Until next time…
Good luck, Commanders!