Summer of Thunder
A rewards storm is set to arrive on June 30th at 5:00PM (PDT) with the next month-long milestone event: Summer of Thunder. This July party will consist of:
- 2 Alliance Milestones
- 4 Main Milestone Events
- 5 Quick Rumble Milestones
Making progress in these 11 events (there’s a 5th Quick Rumble in July) will earn points toward Summer of Thunder, which will be your shot to recruit the new Hero Asgardian: Mighty Thor! The number of points available from Quick Rumbles has been adjusted to account for the additional Quick Rumble this month and players will still receive the necessary points to complete the Summer of Thunder event.
Here's a rundown of the Summer of Thunder events during July. Expect to see more information closer to the release dates of each event, so check back here each week for all the details. Events listed below are set to start at 5:00PM (PDT) on their respective dates:
Main Milestone Events
- Solar Sizzler: June 30th - July 8th featuring Sunfire
- Victory Blueprint: July 8th - 15th featuring T2 Lvl 4 Iso Blue
- The Space Viking: July 15th - 23rd featuring Thor Costume
- Party in Paradise: July 23rd - 31st
Quick Rumble Blitz Milestones
Earn points faster in each Quick Rumble by using the listed traits in each Blitz
- June 30th - July 8th: Terrigen Vacation (Inhumans)
- July 7th - 9th: Sunburned Scientists (A.I.M.)
- July 14th - 16th: Sinister Sunset (Sinister Six)
- July 21st - 23rd: Summer X-travaganza (X-Force)
- July 28th - 30th: Bifrost Beach Day (Asgardians)
Coordinated Assault Alliance Milestones
- July 4th - 10th
- July 18th - 24th
Earn points by collecting the special items Mjolnir Fragments, Cloak of Valor, Helm of Victory, and the Gauntlet of Heroes from July events. Mjolnir Fragments will also be available in 1-Power Core offers throughout the month.
Earning 29,500 milestone points will reward enough shards to unlock a 3-Star Mighty Thor. Completing all of the Summer of Thunder Milestones earns enough shards for a 4-Star Mighty Thor and her fully crafted Gear Tier 16 Pieces.
Earn a minimum of 20,000 points to qualify for this Leaderboard. Teal Raid Orb Fragments and Gold Promotion Credits will be rewarded to the top 50 on the leaderboard, while Orange Raid Orbs and Silver Promotion Credits are rewards for the rest of the competitors.
Solar Sizzler Event
The first event out of the gate on June 30th at 5:00PM (PDT) is the Solar Sizzler Event, which is your chance to recruit the searing services of Sunfire, a Blaster for the powerful Unlimited X-Men team.
Solar Sizzler Milestone
Here’s how to soak up points towards this 8-day milestone:
- Raid Battles: 200pts
- War Battle: 500pts
- War Battle w/ Darkhold: Additional 200pts
- War Battle w/ Darkhold at GT 13+: Additional 400pts
- War Battle with Darkhold at GT 15+: Additional 400pts
- Spend Power Cores: 3pts
You’ll also find milestone points within the Heat Storm and Blazing Sun Milestone rewards (see below).
Rewards include Sunfire shards, Mjolnir Fragments, gear, a 5-Red Star for Black Panther, Fantomex shards, and Armory Orbs. Burn through at least Milestone 27 (of 40 total) to earn enough character shards to recruit Sunfire.
Heat Storm Milestone
Commanders Level 60 and above, earn points toward this 4-day milestone that goes live with the start of Solar Sizzler:
- Winning a Cosmic Crucible Battle: 1,000pts
- Cosmic Crucible Battle with Unlimited X-Men: Additional 1,000pts
- Cosmic Crucible Battle with Unlimited X-Men at Gear Tier 13+: Additional 500pts
- Cosmic Crucible Battle with Unlimited X-Men at Gear Tier 15+: Additional 500pts
Rewards include Solar Sizzler Milestone points, Cosmic Crucible Credits, Elite 4 Credits, and Teal Raid Orb Fragments.
Blazing Sun Milestone
Following the conclusion of the Heat Storm Milestone, on July 4th at 5:00PM (PDT) hold your enemies’ feet to the fire in Blitz to rack up points:
- Blitz Win: 60pts
- Blitz Win w/ Sim: 50pts
- Win Blitz with Wakandans: Additional 20pts
- Win Blitz with Wakandans at Gear Tier 13+: Additional 40pts
- Win Blitz with Wakandans at Gear Tier 15+: Additional 80pts
Hit milestones that reward Solar Sizzler Milestone points, Wakandan shards, and fragments for the Orange Elite Orb, Gold Orb, and Purple Mystic Gear Orb.
Too Hot to Handle Web Milestone
Throughout Solar Sizzler, spend Campaign Energy to earn a daily milestone that rewards Silver Promotion Credits and Legacy III Orb Fragments. Head over to our Milestones page at the start of the event for more information.
The first Quick Rumble Blitz for Summer of Thunder arrives on June 30th at 5:00PM (PDT) with Terrigen Vacation and the featured trait will be Inhuman. On top of Quick Rumble rewards, Terrigen Vacation will reward Mjolnir Fragments, Purple Gear Credits, Orange and Teal Raid Orb Fragments, and Armory 15 and 16 Orb Fragments
Gold Rush Update
As part of our ongoing effort to update Gold access throughout the game, we’ll be improving the Gold rewards with the Gold Rush Challenge. Following the update, you’ll have an additional 128k in Gold to spend each day. We’ll have more Gold access updates coming to other parts of the game, so stay tuned. Here are the specific Gold improvements heading to Gold Rush
Hero Asgardians & The Third Horseman
Uncovering Famine’s identity has helped S.T.R.I.K.E. decipher more of the machinations of Apocalypse. The third Horseman has been confirmed as War. You will need the following to face this upcoming horseman threat in their Scourge Event:
Difficulty 5+ Required Trait - Nodes 5 & 10
- Hero Asgardian
More details on the other two character traits required to take on the Horseman of War are currently being deciphered - stay tuned.
Doom I Rewards Update
In order to get more T2 Iso-8 Credits and other important resources into your hands, we'll be updating several of the Normal Difficulty Doom I Raid rewards. The Normal Doom I rewards for Rank 1 and each of the Tiers have all had the T2 Iso-8 Credits increased:
Rank Reward Updates
- 100% completion: 10,000 to 10,300 T2 Iso Credits, based on rank (updated from 8,000 to 8,500 T2 Iso Credits)
- 60% completion: 8,500 to 8,800 T2 Iso Credits, based on rank (updated from 6,000 to 6,500 T2 Iso Credits)
- 30% completion: 7,000 to 7,300 T2 Iso Credits, based on rank (updated from 4,000 to 4,300 Iso Credits)
The requirements to unlock Difficulty 1 have decreased to completing Normal Difficulty at 60% and players can earn the First Time Rewards for Doom I, Difficulty 1 at 60% completion. Here are the Doom I Difficulty 1 Rank Reward updates:
Doom I Difficulty 1 Rank Reward Updates
- 100% Completion: Now +3,000 T2 Iso Credits (reduced from +7,500 T2 Iso Credits)
- 60% Completion: Now +2,000 T2 Iso Credits (reduced from +5,000 T2 Iso Credits)
- 30% Completion: Now +1,000 T2 Iso Credits (reduced from +2,500 T2 Iso Credits)
The intent of shifting rewards out of Doom I, Difficulty 1 and into Normal difficulty is to ease the transition into Doom II. Doom I, Difficulty 1 is more challenging than Doom II, Normal, so while we want players to be able to claim the First Time Rewards associated with it, they shouldn’t feel obligated to reach 100% completion only for slightly better rewards compared to Doom II, Normal.
- Start Date: June 26th at 5:00PM (PDT)
- Rewards: Beta Raid Orb featuring Hero Mutant characters
Big Boom Blitz
- Start Date: June 26th at 5:00PM (PDT)
- Reward: Negasonic Teenage Warhead character shards
Red Death Legendary Event
- Start Date: June 27th at 5:00PM (PDT)
- Reward: Omega Red character shards
- How to Prepare: Dual Threats Bonus Event
- Requirements: Nick Fury, Winter Soldier, and 3 Secret Avengers with these minimum requirements to unlock Omega Red: Character Level 65, Gear Tier 12, and Iso-8 Class Level 3
Quick Rumble - Inhuman
- Start Date: June 30th at 5:00PM (PDT)
- Featured Trait: Inhuman
- Rewards: Blitz Orbs, Gold, Legacy Orbs, Basic Catalyst Parts, and Raid Health Packs.
- Start Date: July 1st at 5:00PM (PDT)
- Rewards: Dark Promotion Credits
- Required Characters: Doctor Octopus, Invisible Woman, Star-Lord, Kitty Pryde, and Rocket Raccoon equipped with at least Gear Tier 9
- Start Date: July 1st at 5:00PM (PDT)
- Reward: Catalyst Parts
- Required characters: Hand
Until next time…
Good luck, Commanders!
**Please note that the information in this blog is subject to change before going live in the game.**